Thank you for taking the initial interest in joining the National Music Honors Society (TRI-M, Modern Music Masters)! This national recognition is amongst the top for music students and open to Billerica Memorial High School seniors that meet the qualifying criteria. Please read the information carefully about the process and expectations of the society.
In order to apply, students need to submit proof or demonstrate the following…
- Carry a 3.0 GPA average in cumulative & current music classes.
- Carry an overall combined average 2.5 GPA in non-music classes.
- Student needs to be enlisted in one full-year music ensemble during 2019-2020 school year.
- Submit a letter highlighting "how arts education has impacted you and why you carry the leadership and passion to be selected for this honorable society".
- Student needs to demonstrate active leadership model behavior. Behavior includes: attendance, kindness and the passion for music!
- Upon successful written application, students will be required to perform in the Tri-M Induction Recital Night for acceptance. Performances can be solo or small chamber arrangements and must be approved by your ensemble director. The Tri-M Induction Recital for the 2019-2020 school year, will take place in the fall; date to be determined.
During the year, students will participate in the following…
- Performance in the Tri-M Induction Recital Night.
- Submission of a community service log, 10 hours minimum for membership in Tri-M. Community service needs to be music based.